Thursday, March 7, 2013

Custom invitations

Be still my heart. I wanted a custom illustration of Jackson to go on his paperless birthday party invitations. I'm also going to make my own thank you cards with this portrait. Artist Kate Whitmore did an amazing job capturing the personality of J and adding all of the details of his hanbok, the traditional Korean outfit. This is the exact same outfit his daddy wore over 30 years ago, stored with love from grandma.

On a side note, Jackson is nearly 11 months old. We're teaching him tricks, like a little puppy. He can now shake his head and clap on command. We're trying to teach him to wave hi and goodbye, and how to kiss on the cheek. He got his first cut yesterday. I usually let him play with the bottom of the refrigerator after having tested it out...evidently, it is still sharp enough to slice a finger. After trying to stop the bleeding - and much hyperventilating and some tears (of mine) - I rushed him to the doctor. Only some ointment and a bandaid needed thankfully. The first of many scares, I'm sure. Wish I could cover him in bubble wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment