Sunday, August 26, 2012

Tooth Fairy

Oeuf pillow from Noeuf
When I was a kid, I'd have to walk 5 miles in the snow to school and put my fallen teeth under a regular pillow. Not a fancy pillow like this one with a little face and a little pouch. I used to get quarters for every tooth. Now I hear some kids are getting 20s.
I think the tooth fairy is a cute custom. I know technically, it's lying to our children, but it adds some fun to a painful process. From my memory, losing baby teeth was scary...especially when they didn't fall out right away and they'd be teetering by a thread. I'll likely keep the tradition of exchanging teeth for money. If he asks where the money comes from, maybe I won't tell him it was the stupid tooth fairy...maybe I'll tell him to use his imagination.
BTW, I think Jackson is teething at 4 months. He keeps rubbing his checks uncontrollably when he's nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment