Tuesday, November 27, 2012

7 months and counting


What's been going on at 7 months:
(Technically, Jack the preemie is 5 1/2 months)

- He just got the game Peek-a-Boo. After weeks of me feeling stupid from his deadpan stare, Jack is finally finding the game hilarious.
- He loves yams and likes to take the spoon in his hands to feed himself. I think this empowers him.
- He flips like a pro after a day of training with dad. Flipping is teachable!
- My breast milk production can't keep up with him. I've been quite sensitive about the fact that I have to start giving him formula for his final feeding...it makes me feel like I'm not doing my job. That I'm inadequate. I have to keep telling myself that formula is giving him amazing vitamins that my breast milk can't.
- We found the courage to take J out to dinner with us so we could finally eat at a restaurant. He loved it. Stayed awake for over 3 hours straight, ate all his solids, cooed at his surroundings, didn't complain once and took a nap on the way home. My husband and I were so proud of him and ourselves.
- The hostess at the restaurant fawned over Jack and said, "He looks so...healthy." My husband and I laughed at the euphemism. It was a nice way of saying he's chunky. But that is actually the best compliment a premature baby can receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment