Thursday, November 1, 2012

Little Rascals



I received the same shock as the previous Halloween when kids would bury their little hands into my candy bowl and grab a rudely large amount of treats. I wonder, what are their parents not teaching them! It's such a reflection on their upbringing. I hope to raise J like the polite kids who take one and say, thank you. Or like the hustlers who ask for one more. Hah.

I felt like an adult last year when I handed out candy for the first time from my own home. Now I'm truly an adult...doing the same, with a baby in my arms. J celebrated his first Halloween in his shark robe. He went to a pumpkin patch with his cousins last week, and last night, we sat on our porch handing out candy. It's interesting how maternal the little girls are. Many of them had to comment. My favorite was, "I love your baby!"... as if he were some kind of item, like a cute purse. None of the male trick or treaters even acknowledged Jack. Funny how that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment